30 June, 2010
Debbie Field’s White Chocolate Bundt CakePosted in : Cakes on by : admin
3 c All-purpose flour
1 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
16 ts Unsalted butter; softened,
-plus one teaspoon for
-buttering the pan
2 c Sugar; plus 2 tablespoons
-for sugaring the pan
1 1/2 ts Pure vanilla extract
1/2 ts Pure almond extract
5 lg Eggs; at room temperature
4 oz White chocolate; melted and
1 c Sour cream
4 oz White chocolate chunks or
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
8 oz White chocolate; coarsely
1/2 c Heavy cream
4 oz Semisweet chocolate; melted
-and still warm
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Butter and sugar bundt pan.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and
3. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together using the electric
mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond
extracts and eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
Slowly beat in the melted chocolate. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with
the sour cream. Beat for 45 seconds after each addition. Place the batter
in the prepared pan in 3 layers, separating each layer with chocolate
chunks or chips.
5. Bake for 44 to 60 minutes. The top will be brown, and a cake tester
inserted in the center will come out with a few crumbs on it. Remove the
cake to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes, then invert it onto the wire
rack and let cool to room temperature.
Make the ganache:
6. In a ceramic or glass bowl covered with plastic wrap, heat the white
chocolate with the heavy cream on High in a microwave oven for 30-second
internals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Let the ganache cool
for about 10 minutes, ten drizzle it over the cake in a decorative pattern.
7. Pour the melted semisweet chocolate into the squeeze bottle and squeeze
it over the white chocolate in a decorative pattern.
8. Transfer the cake to a serving plate.